Friday 24 April 2009

so......slow......

OMG!! Internet connection is sooooo sloooowwww! It's driving me bonkers. I attempted to upload some new pics of a new shawl that I am testing but alas, foiled AGAIN by a slow ( or whatever the problem is) connection. Nothing, nada, zip. Not uploading even 1%. It's frustrating coming from a country where everything works and then coming here where nothing works...meh...

Anyway, I'll just have to tell you about the new shawl. I found an Interweave crochet in a local book store-surprise surprise! I don't usually buy overseas magazines here as they are hugely overpriced. This one cost me a whopping R100. In comparison, local mags are about R25 - R30. But as I pages though, I noticed a shawl pattern that is crocheted. It's the dragonfly shawl. The pattern calls for a very fine weight yarn but I decided to use the Elle Sock Wool that I used before for the Swallowtail shawl. I'm testing the pattern first before I gift this one out. For now, its fairly easy, even for myself who don't usually crochet. I did go down a hook size as my yarn is a bit heavier than called for. But I want to finish and block it out first. It does seem a bit condensed but the Swallowtail grew quite a bit after a blocking. So I'm hoping that this one will spread out a bit too. The actual pattern on the shawl is nice too. And progress is way faster than the knitted shawls. I've only about 15 rows to go before the edging starts. So will probably finish it by next week as we are busy this weekend.

I've also been taking some pics of sunsets around the house. More to follow once I get a stronger broadband signal...( I wish!)

No comments: