Friday 7 March 2008

Total Breakdown ALERT ALERT!!!

OK so yesterday wasn't a good day for me. It started out well-or normal should I say. Now normally I work until 17h30 at which time I politely pack up my desk-hint hint boss- and leave. Well, yesterday, come 17h30, my boss (let's call him B) comes up to my desk and promptly asks to see the cashbook. Here's what goes through my mind.....'it's 17h30, I'm about to leave and you come and ask me this AT THIS TIME! Ok, I'll give you 15 minutes and then I'm OUTTA HERE!'
So I open up the cashbook and off we go. Thing is, B suddenly realised that the accountant is due on Tuesday and I won't be in until Monday...PANIC PANIC!! I ended up leaving there at 19h30. Now don't get me wrong...I am happy to work overtime it work requires but if B sits on his ass, staring out the window and then at the last minute expect miracles, then I won't be a happy chappy!! I was very close to stabbing him with a pencil!!! Anyone know of a good way to kill someone with a stapler??

And the evening didn't end there. Got home to find a letter from BT saying that I owe them money and they have now slapped on a late payment charge?? Huh?? I actually set up the direct debit for BT 3 times-once on their website, second time over the phone and third by filling in a form! So I pretty pissed by now. I grab the home phone...no signal!! They've actually cut off the phone!!!!! Seeing red by now!! Grab my mobile phone, held for 10 minutes on a premium line and spoke to whoever in India, informing me that their systems are down and he can't help me...

And then I broke down............

Floodgates opened and I couldn't stop. It was like the stresses of the past few months were all leaking out!! OH was exercising in the other room, oblivious to the happenings. I try to calm myself down but my body just won't stop shaking. Then OH walks in the kitchen, sees my face and asks what wrong. And off I go again...tears, body shaking!! He was flabbergasted!!! Poor man!! Trying to stop me from crying. Trying to find out what is wrong but I just couldn't speak!! I'm laughing about it now but it was horrible!!!!

Fast forward----downed 2 glasses of wine, felt horrible and went to bed early. But felt LOADS better when I woke up this morning. So maybe it was good.
I even managed to do some revision in the French Embassy whilst waiting for a visa application to go though( 4 hours, if you are interested!) So I feel quite chuffed with that!
Anyway, off for a pint tonight at the local with OH and BF. Should be good. I think I need the break.

No comments: