Monday 27 October 2008

Oh wow!!

I'm soooooo very tired!! We have been packing for the last week as well as trying to get rid of furniture that we aren't taking with us. To be quite honest, I wish I can just go already. The house looks like a bomb has hit it! There are boxes everywhere!!! I am even living out of box!



Problem is that it's winter here and summer in South Africa and with a weight limit of 20kg per bag, you are really limited in what you can take. I'm even worried about my cosmetics. You really can't find any nice make-up over there so I might just start stocking up on that too!
Knitting wise, I've finished a baby set for the bosses new baby-as yet unborn but due either today or tomorrow. The reason for the gift is that I was trying to get rid of excess yarn. So I made a little newborn set.


The little mitts are gorgeous and really easy to make. They are the Newborn Norwegian Sweet Mitts by Jennifer Hoel.
I've also progressed on the Ziggy Ziggy Sputniks although knitting has taken a back seat. I would probably have finished them by now if we weren't moving. So I'm about to start the toe decreases.
My biggest problem so far is planning knitting for the next month and probably the next 3 months for that matter. Most of my yarn has been vacuum packed (but I can still get in there!) I was planning to continue on the Continental knit afghan that I started a while ago. But the more I thought about it, the more I realised that I needed something more portable. So the afghan will be ditched for now. I do really want to continue on it but again packing restriction is my problem. SO! I am going to start my first lace shawl-I'm thinking the Swallowtail shawl by Evelyn A. Clark. It looks great and I bought some Kauni in a blue/ black/ grey/ purple variation that I like a lot. It should keep me busy for quite a while as we wait for our stuff to be shipped. I'm excited and scared at the same time but Meisje on Ravelry has been a great support and told me about lifelines. Why have I never heard of them!!
Next I will post some pics of our daytrip to Bath. WHAT A GREAT PLACE!

No comments: