Saturday 2 August 2008

Ravelry Swag!!!

I finally got my hands on some Ravelry swag this week. My Rav tote arrived last week and has already been initiated with some spilt juice and dirt. And today these arrived!



YEAH!! I'm such a sucker I'm already wearing one!! HAHAHA!!

Then I also received this today!!!

I finally paid the £33 for them and am so excited! I do always get very annoyed when I don't have the needles needed for a project. So this way, I'll always have them! I can't wait to try them out.

The new knitting group had an extra member this week. A very nice girl knitting the Shetland Shorty from the latest Knitty. So all in all we are a grand total of 6. But I'm sure we'll be able to find more knitters in the area who would like to meet for a knit and pint.
I've pretty much finished the first half of my Megathy and have been swearing (and sweating) all the way. The pattern is a bit confusing, not stating certain things which meant that I had to frog it 3 times and finally did my own thing after the increases. So I wasn't happy but it does look really nice, which makes up for it a bit. I've started on the second side -their both the same- and should probably finish it this week. I don't have much time cause I will be in the Ravelympics which is starting soon. I've pulled out my old hibernating projects that is gathering dust and they have been entered in the WIP Wrestling. This is a BRILLIANT excuse to finish some things. I hate having unfinished projects...( and the will power to do anything about it!!)
I ordered some Rowan Glimmer print in a golden yellow colour to finish of Thrill. Unfortunately I can't find it in white anymore, which is what my top is in. But I decided that the only option was to buy another colour and complete the front straps in the different colour-making it look like I meant it that way. So ssshhhhhhhh!!!!!

Anyway, I'm going to knit now and watch some rubbish UK afternoon tv....see ya!

No comments: