Friday 12 September 2008

I ain't dead...

...just working too hard. Well, seeing as I haven't blogged for some time, this will probably be quite a long one. Last week was Iknit London day with the Yarn Harlot. I went along with the rest of the gals of the Wandsworth knitting group on the Saturday. Oh what fun! When we arrived there was a queue pretty much around the block consisting of ladies of all shapes and sizes-and a few men too.

Once inside after getting properly wet thanks to London weather, we were greeted with a ton of stalls bearing yarns and assorted. There were so many charity knit projects on display and some were actually quite good...such as....
Ingrid Wagner with her giant knitting needles.
Myself, Amy and Louise all had a go on some smaller versions..

The knitted sheep and cupboard.....


Later the afternoon there was a great vintage knits fashion show and I must admit, for someone that tends to prefer modern items, many of the vintage knits were absolutely FAB! I can't wait for the accompanying book to come out. I can definitely see myself making many nice things from it.
Here are few pics of the show including some dapper gentlemen enjoying a cuppa...





I especially like the red balloon sleeve top..mmm....

And finally the day was finished off by a classically funny talk by the famous Yarn Harlot!! I must admit, she was hilarious!!
At the presentation, I saw the following....
A man knitting socks, CONTINENTAL STYLE!!!! I was in awe...and he was wearing hand knit socks too!

A spinner...

And a whole row of knitters...


Phew....I'm tired now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool.

Anonymous said...

ive done something here to have you a few cents!