Wednesday 3 September 2008

The Norman Family Afghan

I think that I've finally figured out continental knitting for my 'Learn to knit afghan'. Though purling is still a bit strange, I can do it-though not that fast. I think my gauge is also ok. I'm definitely looser on purl than knit. But I'm sure that is something that will sort itself out as I progress through the different squares. I'm currently on the 4th square which is a moss stitch with weave pattern. None of the squares have so far been difficult. I could probably in all honesty knit the whole afghan 'english' style with no problems. But I really wanted to knit continental.
Anyway, proof of squares 1,2 and 3




But for now, the afghan will have to wait. Innocent Smoothies have started their Big Knit 2008. Innocent has asked for knitted hats (with handy patterns provided on their website). Their smoothies are sold wearing these little hats. For every little hat sold, they donate 50p to Age Concern who provide heat, food and blankets to the elderly in winter.I really think that this is a very successful and worthwhile campaign and so am hoping to support them again this year. If you are interested in knitting some hats, use their patterns provided or do your own thing( as long as they fit on a smoothie bottle) and send them on to:
The Big Knit
Fruit Towers
1 The Goldhawk Estate
Brackenbury Road
London
W6 0BA
Before 17 October 2008. Oh and don't forget to include your name, address and number of hats included. Whoo!!

No comments: